Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
A Few Quick Things I Like....
Every now and then I come across neat stuff on the internet that I want to leave my readers with. So here are some flotsam and jetsam type things, in no particular order:

Kathy asks, Are you looking for a quick fix formula for life? It won't work!

Cassandra read my post on Dedication or Discipline regarding listening in prayer, and she sent me a link to a lovely post about listening like Elijah. I really related to it because I used similar imagery in my book How Big Is Your Umbrella. Think about it: Elijah had just seen God send down fire and consume the sacrifice, and yet God said He wasn't in the fire, He was in the whisper. Are we listening to hear God's whispers?

If you're into social science research, here's a really interesting post on the rates of illegitimacy in different demographic groups. Hint: it's not money that separates us into different classes as much as it is our attitudes about marriage. I think I may turn this into a column soon.

If you're Canadian, and you want to write, I'm going to be teaching at the Write Canada conference in June. Find out more here.

If you're looking for a post-Mother's Day gift to make you smile, and help you get organized, don't miss my Download of the Month! It's 45 minutes of humour and practical advice on how to keep your priorities straight in your home! Find out about the To Love, Honor and Vacuum talk here.

And don't forget my Free Stuff at my author website!

Finally, if you're a homeschooler, and you're getting ready to wind down for the year, why not try my "Any Novel" Novel Study Guide? It's a fun way to end the year!



Bookmark and Share
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails