Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
The Difference Between Males and Females
Forget that Mars and Venus thing. I have found the definitive difference between the genders.

Or rather, my nephew found it.

It is a YouTube channel appropriately called, "Is it a good idea to microwave this?".

If you have to ask the question, you know what the answer is already. But these enterprising young males have built a microwave room, plastered with tin foil and a video camera, where they set things like Snow Globes, Twinkies, LED batteries, iDogs, and more in their microwave and then watch through a window for several minutes to see what happens. Here's a taste (guaranteed your sons will love it):



Now I would hazard a guess that 90% of their YouTube viewers are male. I admit to finding it rather mesmerizing watching the plasma sparks burst out of the batteries, but I wouldn't have searched for them in the first place. But my nephew found them. And when he showed my husband, Keith said, "Cool!".

Males, I believe, are preprogrammed to like blowing stuff up. Women, on the other hand, like to talk about males who like to blow stuff up.

My daughter said that if two university aged females were going to start a YouTube channel, they'd probably make it into a talk show rather than a combustible experience. And I think she's right.

Men like explosions, car crashes, rockets, and MORE POWER. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with that, even though we women may find it weird. That's how they're wired. And I think we should stop trying to tame them. Sure men need to be taught to show their softer side--or at least to try to figure out if they have one--but if men inately need to explode things, should we always be telling them to calm down?

Channel it into appropriate outlets, sure. But let's stop trying to tame our guys. They're guys. And we love 'em.



Bookmark and Share




To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:46 PM , Anonymous Jen-After the Alter said…

I tagged you in my blog! :)

Jen

 

At 7:49 PM , Blogger Sue said…

ALERT…If you still consider your children to be YOURS.

Most of us are not aware that a threat to our parental rights is close to being ratified in the U.N. under an International Treaty Law. The whole story is too complex to post in forums. Suffice it to say that you will no longer be in charge of your children’s education, discipline and more. I urge you NOT to ignore this. Please check it out here:

http://www.parentalrights.org/index.asp?Type=NONE&SEC={520635A0-D52D-4DA9-8AE7-CA574A3228F0}

Please share this info too!

 

At 8:35 PM , Blogger Sande said…

And with seven men in our family, that is why we don't have a microwave in our house .... not because I'm henpecking them and not allowing it, but because they already DEALT with our microwave ... and let me tell you. It involved a lot of sparks, a LOT of black, black smoke and a lot of cheering from testosterone laden family members.

 

At 2:32 PM , Blogger Katy-Anne Binstead said…

I can appreciate the fact that we need to let boys be boys. However, I have been doing a lot of reading where people seem to think that that means boys can be totally wild and have no manners whatsoever simply because manners don't "come naturally" to them. I don't think we do our boys any favours letting them do whatever they want whenever they want however they want without consequence either. If my boys blew up my microwave they'd be buying a new one really quick and learning that you take care of things.

 

At 3:02 PM , Blogger Sheila said…

Mrs W--

Totally agree! Boys should not be blowing up microwaves!

And I didn't mean to imply that we should let them explode various things in our homes.

I also think that boys need to be taught proper manners, and courtesy towards women.

At the same time, I think it all needs to be done in the spirit of giving them a big break. It's fine to not let the boys belch and fart at the table, but if your boys want to have a belching contest in their room, I think that should be okay.

I'm just saying that we need to recognize that boys do tend to be wilder than we are, and we can't completely tame them, nor should we want to. But learning self-restraint and courtesy is definitely still important!

 

At 11:20 AM , Blogger Katy-Anne Binstead said…

I agree with you Shelia. My comment about blowing up the microwave was kind of a response to the lady above me. If my boys did that, they'd be buying a new one. You don't destroy something the family uses in the name of fun and not replace it. You take care of it.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails