Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
How My Youngest Daughter Was Used for My Downfall
Once upon a time there was a nasty bug. He was green, and mean, and very, very strong. And he saw Katie, and he thought, "she is the perfect tool. I shall invade her body, and through her, I shall conquer that family."

And the virus began its work. Katie started hacking. And as she hacked, she hugged her mom. And she asked to cuddle. And she shared airspace. And she shared that virus.

And then I started hacking. And hacking. And hacking. My husband, who is a doctor, said, "it is only a virus. You wil get better."

But he did not know the virus' powers. The virus invited bacteria into the lungs, and the doctor said, "my, you have pneumonia." And she gave me drugs. Good drugs. And I loved her.

My husband laughed. "Those will do nothing! It is only a virus!", for he did not see the bacteria that was invading my body, and surreptitiously invading his.

And finally, on Saturday, he succumbed. His fever was dangerously high. His oxygen saturation was dangerously low. And after some time in the hospital, he emerged with drugs to fight the initial virus, and the double pneumonia which he has.

But the virus was not done. For it said, "there is still one more member of the family. We shall get her, too!".

And so I slept in the spare room Saturday night, checking on one child with a high fever in one room, and one husband barely breathing in the other. The child slept for 36 hours straight. The husband went into work today.

But I still feel like crap. My cough is better, but the flesh and the body and the Kleenex are weak. And they are warring against my spirit, saying, "it is better just to die." The virus wants to win.

My spirit says, "No! There are good things in this life, like chocolate, and I must experience them some more!" But the body says, "Aaarrrrrghh, cough cough cough, aaarrrrgh."

And hence, blogging may be light. I think I shall go die now. Hopefully I shall be resurrected soon, and will be back to my normal self.



Bookmark and Share


To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:29 AM , Blogger Jill said…

Oh I hear you!! We had the same bug (or its very vicious cousin!). Three of my four kids each missed a week of school - different weeks, of course. So far, knock on wood, Hubby, child number four and I have not succumbed. My hands are raw from all the handwashing! Take care of yourself, drink lots of liquids, sleep! and soon you will be back in the land of the living (and the land of chocolate!).

Jill

 

At 1:53 PM , Blogger Elspeth said…

First of all: I feel your pain. With 5 kids in this house, someone has been passing a bug back and forth around here for weeks!!

Please get better soon. Take care of yourself.

 

At 8:33 PM , Blogger Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said…

Oh no, feel better soon!!

 

At 8:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Well that bug hasn't taken away your quick wit and writing talents! :) That was quite an entertaining post. I sincerely hope that pesky bug leaves you all alone very soon. Feel better!

 

At 11:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

You poor thing, but please don't cough me.

I hope you and your family feel much better soon.

 

At 9:32 AM , Blogger Lisa said…

I feel your pain. We have been sick for three weeks. I would love to know how to stay well when all the children want is to cuddle with Mom. I fought it valiently for a week and a half. Yesterday I lost the battle. Hope you feel better soon.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails