Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Winner & Housekeeping! It's Blog Award Time!
It's time to announce a winner, give a few awards, and in general attend to some housekeeping!

So without further adieu,

We have a winner for my book giveaway! This week I interviewed Marla Taviano about her book Changing Your World One Diaper at a Time: A Reflective Journey Through Your Baby's First Year . And the winner of that book is:





Kristy at Mommy in Pink! She left a comment that she has a four-year-old who is teething, so she'd probably appreciate this a lot!

So congratulations, Kristy!

And for the rest of you, remember that every month I award a free book of my own to whichever blog owner sends me the most new visitors. You're too late for November, but if you add me to your blogroll now, you have a good chance for December!

Now, onto some other stuff.



Jennifer at Through the Storms of Life gave me an award earlier this month! I appreciate it, and I'm sorry I never got around to writing a post on it!

Here's what it says:



This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

And now I get to nominate ten women in return! I'm going to pick an eclectic bunch: some moms, some worship leaders, some political blogs, just to give you a variety.

So here they are, in no particular order:

I love Terry at Breathing Grace. She's always so thoughtful, and she bases everything on Scripture.

Cheryl at Lifestyle of Worship has such thoughtful posts up on what it means to lead worship, to worship in church, and to worship in everyday life. And she's a friend. A good one. But she moved away. But I'm not bitter.

Suzanne at Blue Wave Canada writes such great posts on pro-life issues. She's coming at things from a political point of view, but I appreciate her!

Meredith at Like Merchant Ships has the best blog about saving money. And the video she posted about consumerism at Christmas has become one of my favourites. I've shown it to everyone this week, and my pastor's even playing it in church tomorrow! So thanks for the heads up, Meredith!

Dawn at Because I Said So is a personal friend whose doing just amazing! She writes the funniest posts, and has a new book coming out that you all just have to get!

Sarah at Life in the Parsonage writes so honestly about being a pastor's wife. It's great!

Of course I have to mention Homeschool Blog Awards, since I occasionally contribute! If you're a homeschooler, this is a must blog to visit!

I always find Donetta at My Quiet Corner peaceful to read.

Kelly at Love Well has many great craft posts, and other typical mom ones that are thought-provoking and funny.

And finally Tracey at Grace Comes by Hearing I have to nominate because her adopted baby is arriving any day now!

Whew, that was a long list. But visit them! They're my friends. Now have a great weekend!

I'm having over a dozen teenage girls over today to watch Sense & Sensibility and Emma (1996) and I have a sore throat and a headache coming on! So pray for me!


To Love, Honor and Vacuum
Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said…

Congratulations and thank you for passing it along to me!

Can't wait to check out the rest of them on your list :)

Happy Saturday

 

At 10:32 AM , Blogger Tracey said…

THANKS SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME THIS AWARD! Have fun with the movies! Have a great Saturday!

 

At 4:11 PM , Blogger Dawn said…

Awww thank you for the award Sheila! You're so sweet!
And I loved your marriage post. Unfortunately, I think mine is beyond repair, but you gave good advice here. :)

 

At 6:18 AM , Blogger Elspeth said…

What a wonderful welcome home for me after a long weekend on the road. I'm honored. Thanks, Sheila!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails