Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Shopping is Not Worth Tragedy
Did you hear about the Wal-Mart in Long Island?

The unidentified worker, employed as an overnight stock clerk, tried to hold back the unruly crowds just after the Valley Stream store opened at 5 a.m.

Witnesses said the surging throngs of shoppers knocked the man down. He fell and was stepped on. As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."


Another woman, a shopper, was pregnant and she was trampled. Paramedics came but she had lost the baby. And as both victims were being treated by paramedics, shoppers were rushing around them, few stopping.

Something is seriously wrong with our culture. How could we be so into a bargain that we literally ignore human life? Is that the meaning of Christmas?

Be careful about shopping today on Black Friday. Bargains are great, but how much better not to buy at all, and just to bake cookies? Why do we think presents make Christmas?

I know there's a balance, but may we never be caught in something like this.

To Love, Honor and Vacuum


Subscribe to my feed!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:03 PM , Blogger Jennifer said…

Oh my heavens! That is one reason that I don't even bother shopping on Black Friday! People are crazy! The all mighty dollar and saving one makes people act heartless, vicious and without regard to another human being.

It is not worth any amount of money that I could possibly save to fight those crowds and greedy people.

I am shocked!

Have a SAFE and BLESSED Holiday season!

 

At 1:34 PM , Blogger dmauton said…

So sad that people are so focused on money these days. :)

 

At 1:50 PM , Blogger Tracey said…

So sad...another good reason that I refuse to shop on Black Friday!

 

At 3:16 PM , Blogger Clippy Mat said…

that is just awful.
how sad.

 

At 3:46 PM , Blogger Kaye Butler said…

I refuse to shop on Black Friday.

How awful for those families who now have to plan a funeral at Christmas time.

I work in a funeral home and no time is a good time.

 

At 1:16 AM , Blogger Precision Quality Laser said…

Horrifying. What has our country come to? We are a selfish, self-centered, self-absorbed nation. What a tragedy for those families. I am revolted.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails