Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
My Daughter's Testimony for her Baptism

Katie is getting baptized tomorrow morning! She's also playing a song during the offering and singing! She's 11. And I'm proud.

Here's what she wrote out to say:


I was raised in a Christian home where God was the centre.

When I was about five, I asked Jesus into my heart one night when Mommy was praying with me.

I’ve been on missions trips where I’ve seen God working, and I have wanted to get baptized for a long time.

But I was afraid I didn’t have a testimony to share. Usually testimonies are “I was on drugs and God saved me.” So when I was 10 I told Mommy I should wait for two or three years until I had a testimony.

So Mommy asked me, “What do you plan on doing in those two years?”

So I’ve never taken drugs. I’ve never run away from home. And I don’t plan to.

But I do believe in Jesus and I’m glad He died for me and I want to live for Him. I want to proclaim this today, so that is why I’m getting baptized.


To Love, Honor and Vacuum


Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:38 PM , Blogger Donnetta said…

Moments such as these are the most excting of all! Treasure the time tomorrow!

 

At 11:04 PM , Blogger Herding Grasshoppers said…

Katie,

That is PRECIOUS! I can relate, as I too was raised in a Christian home and always felt my testimony was boring.

Now, at age 42, I am THANKFUL THANKFUL THANKFUL for my "boring" testimony and my family's godly heritage. I'm not perfect, but by the grace of God and the faithfulness of my family I managed to avoid some of the more devastating errors and sins of many in my generation.

Psalm 71:5-6
For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother's womb.
I will ever praise you.

Congratulations on your baptism,

Julie

 

At 12:23 AM , Blogger pedalpower said…

Awww. Of course you are proud...and so thankful too, I bet.

I clicked on your "follow you on twitter" button, but it didn't take me anywhere. I'd love to follow you though if I can get to your twitter page.

 

At 5:28 PM , Blogger Tracey said…

This is wonderful. I bet you are proud. She's a great writer too! God is good!!

 

At 11:53 PM , Blogger Sophia said…

Katie,
You are blessed to have had a Christian upbringing. May the Lord always be near your heart as you continue to seek Him.
Hope you had a wonderful day!
~Sophie

 

At 11:57 PM , Blogger Patricia said…

You must be bursting with pride and praise! What a treasure!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails