Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Plan Monday: Getting Back to Real Life


I have been away from real life for a while.

I went on strike for two weeks where I did nothing but work. No housework, no homeschooling, no anything. And I got remarkably caught up! It was wonderful. I feel much better now, and am ready to jump into homeschooling today.

Which means I also need to get ready to jump into laundry (you should see it all) and jump into cooking! We've been eating out a ton what with the strike and then my trip last week to Sonoma. So here's what's on the menu for this week:

Monday: Pasta with Sausage. I love this! To make the sauce I just use fresh tomatoes (and I have some extremely ripe ones right now), some basil, and a lot of garlic. The sausages really give it thickness and flavor, so it's super easy!

Tuesday: Baked Potatoes. Rebecca's turn to cook! One of the family's favourite meals is baked potatoes. We just make a ton, cook some bacon, shred some cheese, get some salsa ready and some green onions and sour cream, and everyone takes what they want. It's great, and doesn't require much work. Add some fresh vegetables on the table, like cucumber and carrots and celery, and you make it a little healthier. The great thing is that company, especially young company, loves this meal. Everyone loves baked potatoes, and if you add enough interesting toppings, it makes it look exotic. But really it's just a cooked potato!

Wednesday: Chicken. I'm going to roast a whole chicken and add some veggies. Mostly because I love the chicken leftovers! When I was first married I was scared to roast stuff. It seemed so difficult. But roast chicken is really easy. I don't even add anything, I just baste it often. And it's great. The trick is, if possible, don't freeze the chicken. Fresh always tastes better. So get it that day at the grocery store and then cook it!

Thursday: Soup & Buns. I'll do leftover turkey vegetable noodle soup and then add some buns to the mix. With a salad it's pretty healthy. I love making the soup, too, because it's just homemade stock, leftover turkey from Thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving is in October), whatever frozen veggies you have, and then add some herbs from your cupboard. It's great!

Friday and Saturday we're away at a Bible quizzing meet. More on that later.

My goal for Sunday is to have food ready here so people can come over for lunch. I love socializing after church on Sundays, but too often we go out for lunch which is expensive and not ideal for connecting anyway. So I want to have the stuff at home to make tacos. It's easy, doesn't take long, and everybody likes it.

So that's my menu for this week! Hope I stick to it, but I'll tell you, I'm really looking forward to eating my own cooking again!


To Love, Honor and Vacuum


Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I like the idea of going on strike. I might need to try it.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails