Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Can We Really "Forget What Lies Behind"?
In Philippians 3, Paul tells us to "forget what lies behind" as we strain forward and run the race.

It's a great slogan, isn't it? Forget what lies behind? Don't we all want to do that? Forget about the boyfriend who left us, or be healed from the multiple miscarriages, or our dad's cruelty, or our mother's neglect? Of course we do!

But is Paul being realistic? Can we really get over the hurts in our pasts?

I think the answer in today's eyes is "no". We live in a victim era, where everybody is defined by our hurts. But that's not the way God sees us.

So how do we develop His eyes? How can we see ourselves the way God sees us? Listen in on this ten minute clip from a conference I recently gave, looking at the book of Ruth. Now there's a woman who had a bad past! But she made a complete U-turn.

Today in my podcast I talk about the nature of healing. It's only ten minutes long, so it's not exactly an exegesis on the subject. But I hope I get you thinking about things just a little bit differently! Listen in here.

It's really easy. To listen in, you can just download it and it will play right on your computer. Or you can go to iTunes, search for To Love, Honor and Vacuum in their podcasts, and subscribe. Then you can download it to your iPod, too.

Enjoy!


To Love, Honor and Vacuum



Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Well written and well spoken Sheila. This is where God wants to live. I am on a journey to view things from His perspective.
Thanks

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails