Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Thursday: Thirteen Blessings!




Today I thought I'd join Thankful Thursdays! And I'll combine it with Thursday Thirteen and list thirteen things that I'm grateful for. Rather than be profound (I think I've been profound in some other recent posts, like here and here), I thought I'd list thirteen things that just simply make my life easier!

1. Chocolate. And Hallowe'en candy that I have stashed that the children don't know about! In my old age I don't eat as much as I used to, because I only eat it when I absolutely have to. But I still am grateful for it!

2. Bubble baths. Even just plain running water! When I was in Kenya at an orphanage last summer we took "showers", if that is the correct word for it, under a cold water dribble. But that was better than the children who bathed in the river. Where a crocodile lived. So I am grateful for nice, steamy baths where I can relax. And eat chocolate!

3. Slippers. It's cold up here in Canada today, and so I pulled my winter slippers out of their summer hibernation. Boy do my toes feel toasty!

4. Padded bras. Honestly, when you're barely an A cup, that extra padding is great! And best of all, when I'm sewing I can just stick the needles in so I don't lose them and I don't even get hurt! Okay, that was probably too much information.

5. Podcasts. I'm learning to love them! They give me something to do when I'm knitting rather than just watching TV!

6. Jane Austen. And all the people who wrote movies based on her books. I read Pride & Prejudice yearly. It's lovely.

7. Pasta. Don't you just love it?

8. Hair dye. I dyed my hair red recently and it's so fun to become a different person! I feel daring!

9. Microwaves. Isn't it great to just be able to heat up stuff quickly? And defrost things quickly? Come to think of it, I'm just thankful for a lot of new technologies we have that make our lives easier.

10. Automatic shift cars. I'd never be able to drive a standard. Especially in the winter. I'm glad somebody made cars just for me!

11. Fireplaces. I finally have one in our new house! I've always wanted one, but never lived in a house with one before. And now that I have one, I hardly put it on! Isn't that funny how we long for something, but then rarely use it? But when I do, it's heavenly.

12. Hot chocolate & my Bible. They go together. Every morning I curl up with hot chocolate and my Bible and read. It's one of my favourite parts of the day. Hmmm....I think I'll start doing that in front of the fireplace!

13. Children who still like me to tuck them in at night. They're getting older, but they still want me to come in and talk to them and pray with them every night. So we cuddle and talk.

All of these things give me the warm fuzzies. I love warm fuzzies.

When I think of all the people in the world who don't have these warm fuzzies, it makes me even more grateful. Think about the history of humanity. How many of us have had the ability to heat up some hot chocolate in the microwave, curl up in front of the fireplace, with our winter slippers on, and read the Bible? It's a luxury. And our lives predominantly consist of what were one day, not too long ago, luxuries. And to most of the world, they're still luxuries.

So I am humbled, and thankful, for all my luxurious warm fuzzies!

Thanks for stopping by! Why not stay a little and read a few more posts? I've got things on marriage, motherhood, and more!


To Love, Honor and Vacuum


Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 2:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

No. 1 I LOVE YOUR HEADER! Ok, totally cute, cute, cute!

I love the title of your book. Good luck with sales.

I love your list and many of them are the same for me. I love my quiet time and enjoy a warm cup of tea or hot chocolate with the word!

Blessings to you today and nice to meet you!
In His amazing grace,
Jill

 

At 2:46 PM , Blogger Jennifer said…

Amen, Sista! I loved your post...you are so funny. I will be checking back...I would love to read more. We are truly blessed by Him and only Him.

Happy TT!!!

 

At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Great Thankful Thursday post, I am thankful for all those things also.

I can't imagine life without a microwave, chocolate or a automatic transmission car.

 

At 3:11 PM , Blogger gail said…

i just found your blog thru TT. isn't TT wonderful? you are so right that we live in luxury.

i had to check your blog cuz i loved your blog title. and now i see you wrote a book with the same title. i'm definitely going to be perusing your blog more.

thanks for sharing, gail

 

At 6:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

There sure is something special about chocolate - cures almost everything! Great post! Made me smile!

 

At 7:47 PM , Blogger Jane Anne said…

Oh my goodness! I am so happy. Earlier today I thought, I gotta find that blog about loving and vaccuming!! I came by through WFMW and I am back with Thankful Thursdays. I enjoyed your thankful list and have you bookmarked now.

 

At 8:39 PM , Blogger Denise said…

Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad you joined us. I enjoyed your thankful list. Chocolate and bubble baths, yummy!!

 

At 9:30 PM , Blogger Mindy said…

I am thankful for all of your 13 things, especially chocolate!!

 

At 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Chocolate and bubble baths, ah yes, the little things that make life more bearable. I enjoyed your post.

 

At 1:04 AM , Blogger Joyce said…

Wow! I'm thankful I found your blog. You sound like so much fun!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails