Today I thought I'd join Thankful Thursdays! And I'll combine it with Thursday Thirteen and list thirteen things that I'm grateful for. Rather than be profound (I think I've been profound in some other recent posts, like here and here), I thought I'd list thirteen things that just simply make my life easier!
1. Chocolate. And Hallowe'en candy that I have stashed that the children don't know about! In my old age I don't eat as much as I used to, because I only eat it when I absolutely have to. But I still am grateful for it!
2. Bubble baths. Even just plain running water! When I was in Kenya at an orphanage last summer we took "showers", if that is the correct word for it, under a cold water dribble. But that was better than the children who bathed in the river. Where a crocodile lived. So I am grateful for nice, steamy baths where I can relax. And eat chocolate!
3. Slippers. It's cold up here in Canada today, and so I pulled my winter slippers out of their summer hibernation. Boy do my toes feel toasty!
4. Padded bras. Honestly, when you're barely an A cup, that extra padding is great! And best of all, when I'm sewing I can just stick the needles in so I don't lose them and I don't even get hurt! Okay, that was probably too much information.
5. Podcasts. I'm learning to love them! They give me something to do when I'm knitting rather than just watching TV!
6. Jane Austen. And all the people who wrote movies based on her books. I read Pride & Prejudice yearly. It's lovely.
7. Pasta. Don't you just love it?
8. Hair dye. I dyed my hair red recently and it's so fun to become a different person! I feel daring!
9. Microwaves. Isn't it great to just be able to heat up stuff quickly? And defrost things quickly? Come to think of it, I'm just thankful for a lot of new technologies we have that make our lives easier.
10. Automatic shift cars. I'd never be able to drive a standard. Especially in the winter. I'm glad somebody made cars just for me!
11. Fireplaces. I finally have one in our new house! I've always wanted one, but never lived in a house with one before. And now that I have one, I hardly put it on! Isn't that funny how we long for something, but then rarely use it? But when I do, it's heavenly.
12. Hot chocolate & my Bible. They go together. Every morning I curl up with hot chocolate and my Bible and read. It's one of my favourite parts of the day. Hmmm....I think I'll start doing that in front of the fireplace!
13. Children who still like me to tuck them in at night. They're getting older, but they still want me to come in and talk to them and pray with them every night. So we cuddle and talk.
All of these things give me the warm fuzzies. I love warm fuzzies.
When I think of all the people in the world who don't have these warm fuzzies, it makes me even more grateful. Think about the history of humanity. How many of us have had the ability to heat up some hot chocolate in the microwave, curl up in front of the fireplace, with our winter slippers on, and read the Bible? It's a luxury. And our lives predominantly consist of what were one day, not too long ago, luxuries. And to most of the world, they're still luxuries.
So I am humbled, and thankful, for all my luxurious warm fuzzies!
Thanks for stopping by! Why not stay a little and read a few more posts? I've got things on marriage, motherhood, and more!
Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!
Labels: Thankful Thursdays