Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
What Did You Think of Lipstick on a Pig?
The political blogs (which I am trying to avoid, but not quite succeeding; I'll try to break the habit again tomorrow) are all awash with Obama's comments about putting lipstick on a pig.

Some people say he was talking about Palin; some say he wasn't; some say it's a big deal; and others say it's much ado about nothing.

To be honest, I don't know what to think, except that I wish the McCain supporters would be quiet about it. It just makes them look like whiners.

I'm sure Sarah Palin doesn't let her kids whine!

So honestly, I'd like to know, what do you think? It's my suspicion that most of my readers aren't overly political.

I don't want everyone's opinion about the election, because I don't want this to become a political blog. I just want to know, as a woman, what did you think about that comment? A big deal, or way overblown? Offended, or not? I'm curious!
To Love, Honor and Vacuum


Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 10:44 PM , Blogger Tracey said…

Not offended, not political and they are making a big deal out of nothing!

 

At 11:15 PM , Blogger Dena said…

No I wasn't offended. I think that since Sarah got such a reaction when she made her lipstick comment, that Obama maybe felt the need to try to create his own stirring? Maybe? I don't know. What I do know is I wish they'd stick to what matters...and it's not lipstick.

 

At 12:41 AM , Blogger Kim said…

Didn't really hear about it but I think he is being like a little kid, hey she said that and look at all the reaction I should try that. On anther note what do you think aboout the Canadian election? I know, not as exciting as the neighbours to the south just curious.
Kim

 

At 1:20 AM , Blogger pedalpower said…

I think it was pretty obvious that he was talking about McCain's campaign not Palin. In fact not so long ago McCain made a similar statement about Obama or Clinton (can't rememeber which). It's a pretty common phrase. I wouldn't think people would get so worked up about it.

 

At 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I think it was a deliberately thought out remark..and old and ugly.

 

At 12:50 PM , Blogger Elastagirl said…

totally overblown and out of context! He wasn't even referring to her when he made the remark.

 

At 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I think that Palin has Obama seriously rattled and that he had "lipstick on the brain" when he made the comment. You could almost see him thinking " Oh no, where am I going with this??" as he was saying it. No matter what HE meant when he said it, it was clear that his audience made the connection to Palin immediately judging by their rowdy reaction.
~Liz in Missouri

 

At 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

It's supposedly a well-known saying, and McCain did use it previously in regards to some policy of the Democrats, but Obama used it while Palin's hockey mom remark (a pit bull with lipstick) was fresh in the media and in voters' minds. There's no way he didn't realize that it could be taken as a slur against her. Everything he says is calculated to provoke a particular response. And then to claim innocence? Nasty.

 

At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

If you listen to the comment in context, he was talking about policies. But I agree that it was pretty clear from the audience reaction that it was also an understood, underlying reference to Sarah. I think it's silly for him to deny that. Regardless, it has nothing to do with issues and qualifications, so I wasn't really offended. That sort of comment just creates sympathy for the other side!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails