Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Tackle it Tuesday: My Storage Room
We've only lived in our house for a year, but it's amazing how messy things can get. I have a wonderfully big storage room in our new house, which is the repository for anything we can't find a place for. Some of it is logical: craft supplies, Christmas stuff, camping gear, and all my inventory for when I speak (I have to have multiple copies of my 5 books and all my CDs and DVDs on hand, and it takes up a lot of room).

Last Christmas this room was gorgeous. But it just went downhill from there. So I spent all day tackling it. I'm going to show the before and after pictures together so you can get a sense of what I did.

Here's what greets you when you walk in. Before then after.

Here's what greets you when you turn to your left.

I can't believe how much better it feels!

I have a friend who is moving after over a decade in the same house, and she's cleaning out her storage area for the first time. She's having a horrible time at it. I've just decided that you have to do each room at least once a year, or it gets out of hand.

This week we also have to move all our stuff out of my main floor because we're having hardwood put in. So I get to weed through all my books and knick knacks, too!

It's amazing how there actually is a place for stuff, if you organize it. You don't have to just throw it on the ground! And when you tidy up, a lot more fits.

Off to do the books...

Thanks for stopping by! Why don't you look around a bit?

And don't miss my book giveaway!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM , Blogger A Christian Mom said…

You did an awesome job. Looks amazing! And I agree, it's a lot easier if you tackle each room in the house, at least once a year.

 

At 2:31 PM , Blogger Tracey said…

What an amazing clean up! I wish I had more storage space. I also hope I win your book. Have fun on the cruise and bring back lots of pictures for share! God bless and have fun.

 

At 8:34 PM , Blogger Laura said…

Wow that looks great, isn't that just the best feeling! Way to go!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails