Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
What Do You Do with Old Photos?
Last year we moved into our new house. We bought some new furniture. We put new floors down upstairs; next week we're finally putting hardwood on the main floor. Everything is put away.

Except the pictures. I never did get around to putting them on the wall. So most of them were in a corner of our living room until yesterday, when a cleaning frenzy hit me 1 1/2 hours before company were due for dinner. It was rather stupid, but I ended up sifting through them all.

I have 8 x10 family photos of us for just ages. Some of them are downright embarrassing. And most of the little photos in the frames on our tables are old, too. Those ones are downright cute, and I still love them. But I don't have a lot of pictures of my girls from the last 4 years out around my house. I would like to.

So here's my question: what do you do with the old photos? Do you keep them, and just keep adding more? Or do you eventually weed them out? And if you stop displaying some 8 x 10s, what in the world do you do with them? Throw them out? Keep them? I do have wallets of everything.

Along the same vein, here are some great pictures I took with my new camera on Friday. I already have these up and framed and on my wall. Here's a sampling, from a day at my brother-in-law's pool:












Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:23 PM , Blogger angie said…

I have a really hard time letting go of pictures... really hard. I'm getting better, scanning in some of the hard copies that have actual people in them (Why, when I went on trips, did I take a million pictures of a tree or a deer and then feel the need to move them to another state and back!?). Anyway... the 8x10s... you could scan them and save them into your computer or onto a disk, or you could just keep them behind the new pictures in the frame... works really well!
I totally would have done what you did, going through something that I've been putting off forever at the most inconvenient time!
Good luck!
Angie

 

At 4:40 PM , Blogger Sandra said…

I keep all my photos, I have way too many but I just can't bring myself to part with them :)

I have to tell you, I LOVE the photo of the kids and the pug, I have two pugs of my own and I just love the little buggers :)

Hugs,
Sandra

 

At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

I wouldn't throw the pictures away. My husband was one of seven children and when his parents died, there weren't enough pictures to go around. Now my husband has next to nothing from when he was a child.

I encourage you to hold on to them, maybe put them in albums or photo boxes with the intention of passing them on to your children. What's old and tired to you will be a treasure to your children someday. ;)

As for the 8x10s why not have one album specifically for those pictures. On a piece of paper write something about the picture (who, what, when, where and why). Then, slip the paper into a plastic 8.5" x 11" sleeve. Insert the sleeves in a 3-ring binder and on the opposite page slip in the corresponding photo. It doesn't have to be fancy (of course you can dress it up as much as you want), but as long as the photos and memories are captured in a safe way, your kids will treasure it for years to come.

Okay, now I'm ready to go follow some of my own advice. LOL. I've got mounds of pictures piling up in my bedroom closet that could use a bit of tidying up, too.

Enjoy!
Carrie

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails