Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Plan Monday: Creating Leftovers!

I need some serious leftovers. I have nothing left in freezer that could count as a meal. It is very depressing.

So I have decided that whatever I make this week has to do for at least two meals. With that in mind, here's what I've got planned:

Monday: Roast chicken. I know it's hot. It's really really hot. But I'm still going to do it, because I desperately need some leftover chicken. I love making soup and chicken pies, and I have to restock my tupperware in my freezer. So I shall roast a chicken, and bake some potatoes, and make some gravy, and all will be well.

I like putting garlic cloves under the skin and inside the body cavity to make it especially yummy.

Tuesday: Macaroni and cheese. Lots of macaroni and cheese. Two whole tupperware dishes full of macaroni and cheese. The only problem is that everytime I make it the kids say they like Kraft dinner better, which is very depressing. But at least I use real cheese, which makes it full of calcium! To make it, I make a basic white sauce, mixing 1/4 cup of flour and butter, and then slowly adding 2 cups of milk. To make it more low-fat, though, I use non-fat milk powder to make up the milk. If you double up on the powder it makes it creamier, and healthier! And then I add Old Cheddar and some marble cheese mixed together, and let it melt. It's good!

Wednesday: Rebecca makes spaghetti for the family. I go to Toronto to my mother's best friend's funeral. Very sad.

Thursday: Steaks on the Bar-b-q. I've been saving up beef bones from other roasts and steaks we've done, and I'm all ready to make beef broth once I have these bones, too!

Friday: I'm speaking in Toronto at the annual convention for the Baptist Women of Ontario and Quebec. It's a pretty big venue, and I'm looking forward to it! They've been promoting my book How Big Is Your Umbrella? all year, and I plan to speak from it. (If you've ever yelled stuff at God when you're going through a rough time, this book is for you! It's what we yell when life stinks, and then what God whispers back. It makes a great gift, too, for a hurting friend when you don't know what to say).

Saturday: We're getting ready to go camping the next week! So I have no idea what we'll eat, because we may not even be home. But if we are, I'm doing marinated whitefish, because I try to eat fish once a week and we haven't done it yet! The kids won't like me, but they'll be in a good mood because camping's coming, so it's a good night to squeeze it in.

Thanks for stopping by for Menu Plan Monday! Why not look around a little? I've got posts on feminism, growing older, and lots more to whet your appetite!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:15 AM , Blogger Tara said…

Popped in today from Meredith's blog. (LMS) Enjoyed your blog - jam-packed with great stuff for moms & wives!
Thanks!
Tara

 

At 12:16 PM , Blogger Kristin-Homemaker@Heart said…

I so feel you on the leftovers.
I like to have leftovers because then on one day we can just have a little buffet of random stuff and I don't have to cook! Just stick it all in the microwave!

 

At 7:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Too late now... but for future reference... toss your chicken iin a crockpot....season to taste. It will not be "brown" but will be tasty. You can set it on crumpled foil balls or a trivet if you want.

This will avoid the oven.

MJ

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails