Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
How I Gave Up Earrings and Found Them Again
DeeDee over at It Coulda Been Worse was talking jewellery a while ago. And how she never wears any until her kids tried to make her look like Tammy Faye.

I know what she means. When I was younger I used to buy my mother hideous jewellery, too. For some reason I got it in my head that my mother loved earrings shaped like roses. I don't know why I thought that, but I did. So for about four years straight, for every birthday and Mother's Day, I bought her awful rose earrings. And to her credit, she wore them.

Like DeeDee, though, I stopped wearing jewellery when the kids were really little. The children used to pull on my earrings (which HURT!) so I gave up. I didn't want to look like one of those African tribes with huge holes in her lobes, so I thought I'd give my ears a rest.

Then, when the girls grew older, I found that miracle of miracles my holes had not closed up.

And for the last five years I’ve been collecting little pieces of jewellery. Nothing expensive, just cute. And now I actually have choice! Because jewellery doesn’t seem to go out of style. And if you buy three pieces a year for thirty years, suddenly you have ninety pieces! Think of how great you’ll look in that old age home!

Even if you do take a few years off of wearing jewellery now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger Katrina said…

I like jewelry, but I always forget to put it on! =)

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my contest! Unfortunately you didn't win... but it was good to have you visit, and if you like those purple earrings, they are available! (speaking of jewelry... hehe)

Have a great day!

 

At 2:31 PM , Blogger Catherine R. said…

I like earrings. The only reason I don't wear them is because I can only afford the *really* cheap ones right now which seem to react as if I have put an infected piece of medical waste in my earlobes. They get red and painful instantly. I hope one day I can buy real gold or silver earrings without feeling horrible pangs of guilt that I should be spending the money on something we need.

 

At 11:49 PM , Blogger Cassie said…

I love jewelry!! And don't forget - jewelry is always the Perfect Size!! *BIG GRIN*

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails