Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
The Benefits of a Boring Testimony
We had a baptismal service at church last week, and afterwards Katie, my 10-year-old, mentioned something interesting.

The pastor had asked anybody who wanted to be baptized (we're in a believer-baptism tradition church) to talk to him after the service. Katie said this:

"I really felt like I should go talk to Pastor Ernie, but then I remembered that when you're baptized you have to tell your story. I don't have much of a story yet, so I think I'll wait until I'm twelve."

To which I replied,

"And just what are you planning on doing in the next year and a half?"

I wonder if I should be worried.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:53 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Byler Younts said…

that is pretty funny...

but on a serious note...I felt the same way. i accepted Christ at the age of 5 and it seemed like at summer camp everyone else had these AMAZING stories of repentence when I hadn't done so much as steal a cookie from the cookie jar.

then I realized...

Jesus's "testimony" was completely INNOCENT and Sinless. I was by far not SINLESS or completely INNOCENT...but because of His spotless life it made me feel proud of my extremely simple and event-free testimony.

not sure if that makes sense...it does in my head but that doesn't mean it does otherwise. :-)

 

At 1:48 AM , Blogger Vintage Dutch Girl said…

That was SO funny :)

Sometimes I just can't wait for my Bubbalu to start talking...then sometimes I realize I should enjoy the silence while I can ;)

 

At 6:20 PM , Blogger Laura said…

Hey I'm still waiting to give my testimony for that same reason :)

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails