Here are some random things I just don't understand about children:
1. Why is it so important to know WHO FARTED? As soon as you smell it, the kids all want to know who did it. Young ones will even smell each other's butts, just like dogs, to prove who was the offending creature. What does it really matter?
2. Why do kids fall out of chairs so often? Doesn't that hurt? Why can't they just sit still?
3. Why do preteens fall UP stairs? My daughter is always falling going up the stairs. So is my nephew. I don't get it. I know they're growing and all that, but still...
4. Why don't kids ever get cold? They will swim when it's freezing. As soon as the snow goes away they want to turn on the sprinkler. I'll be shivering and my 10-year-old will want to wear shorts. Do they just not have nerve endings until they're 18?
5. Why do kids who are really hot and sweaty insist on leaning against you? Doesn't that make them MORE hot and sweaty? And don't they realize this? Do they just want to share the misery, or what?
These are just a few things I've been trying to puzzle out. Add your own in the comments, and answer mine if you have any great insights!
Labels: humour, parenting