Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
How to Banish Nightmares
I did not sleep well last night. I had nightmare after nightmare.

I don't have nights like that very often, but when I do I wake up exhausted. Last night I kept dreaming that I was crying--really crying--though I can't remember over what. And then you wake up and you feel like you have been crying, and it's awful.

Sometimes I have recurring nightmares about my son who died, but not too often anymore.

Anyway, as I was trying to wash it all off in the shower this morning, something occurred to me.

Hear me out and see if you can relate.

Last night, as I was going to bed, I chatted with my husband for a bit. We talked. It was nice.

But that was it, if you get my drift.

And I had nightmares.

So I started thinking, have I ever had nightmares on the evenings when that wasn't it, if you know what I mean? And I don't think I have.

I do know that "being intimate" makes you sleep better. Maybe it makes you dream better, too.

Today Keith is at work, so I paged him to tell him my theory. He's enthusiastic about testing it out, to see if doing so averts nightmares. Of course, I only get nightmares maybe every few months, so it will be difficult to tell. But he's eager to start trying it out.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM , Blogger Darci said…

lol.. This is great.
If I feel like I am crying I normally wake up with real tears. I am very empathic, so when I dream something it can stick with me for days and weeks, and sometimes I won't realize it was a dream/nightmare for a while.

 

At 4:35 PM , Blogger Michelle said…

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I do think having affection and love *intimacy* before sleep helps you sleep better..Good luck...

 

At 10:08 PM , Blogger Steph said…

Im sorry about your son. I told my hubby about your theory as I have nightmares too and he said he's very willing to test it out!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails