Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Menu Plan Monday: Company + Panic!

I am back from a busy weekend and stepped right into a horrendous week! But it has lots of fun elements, so hopefully as long as I get time to take a deep breath, I will enjoy it.

My family and I have been to the Mulli Children's Family, an orphanage in Kenya, which is home to 850 children, twice now. We just love it. We've made real connections and I think have been useful.

Charles and Esther Mulli, the Kenyan couple who started the orphanage, are in my hometown doing a fundraising tour. They've been to other places in Canada, too, and now it's Belleville's turn.

So they're having dinner at my house tonight, along with another 12 people. That brings the total to 19.

So I've decided I'm going to do fajitas. I just can't sit 19 at a table, so some people are going to have to use couches. So I want some finger food.

I make really good fajitas! I usually make them with chicken, refried beans, Mexican rice, guacamole, salsa, cheese, peppers, and mushrooms, and then people can add whatever they'd like. So that's my plan for tonight. I'll add some salsa and chips and some veggies and dip, and I may get my girls to whip up two cakes from mixes.

Here's the rest of the week:

Tuesday: Pork Tenderloin. My brother-in-law is coming over to finish our taxes, and since he is recently single he doesn't always eat that well. He likes this dish, though. Just cut the pork into medallions, cover with flour and some salt and pepper, and brown. Then add 1/3 cup maple syrup, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 2 tbsp dijon mustard, and simmer until pork is cooked. You can double the liquids if you want. It's really tasty in the end. Thicken the sauce with some corn starch and you're all set. I serve it with rice and veggies.

Wednesday: Spaghetti. I need something simple. Rebecca will make this one herself.

Thursday: Steaks. We haven't done them yet this season and we're going to buy a new barbecue this week. We bought half a cow earlier this year, and I have some yummy steaks in the freezer. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Then, once again, I am away for the rest of the weekend. Rebecca has a Bible quiz meet, and our region is going up to Muskoka Woods, a sports camp quite a bit northwest of where we live. It should be a riot, but I doubt I'll get any sleep because they're housing us dorm style and I can't sleep with noise. Oh, well.

Anyway, that's it for me this week. What about you?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Blogger Amy said…

Looks good! That pork tenderloin sounds yummy- I might have to try that one!

I'm keeping things fairly simple this week & using my crockpot a lot.

 

At 1:19 PM , Blogger Elspeth said…

I'm at 37 weeks and counting, Sheila! My meals are all pretty simple as I get exhausted after about twenty minutes on my feet. Our meals are consisting of soups, salads, burgers, pasta dishes and the like. Gotta keep it simple these days! That pork tenderloin sounds like a good idea, though.

 

At 12:16 AM , Blogger Wifeof1Momof4 said…

This IS a busy week here as well, so we are having cassaroles and soups during the week, Tilapia and Fries Friday, breaking out the grill Saturday and Roast, Carrots, Potatoes and Turnip Greens Sunday.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails