Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Made for Each Other
In keeping with today's Wifey Wednesday theme, another of my articles has been posted on the christianity.ca website. Here's how it begins:

In my marriage, I wreck the cars. Keith wrecks the laundry, but that doesn't cost nearly as much.

Of course, Keith recently backed into a tree and shattered our van's windshield, but since this was his one and only infraction in our whole marriage, we viewed it as an aberration rather than a pattern.

Then, when he went to buy a new car this fall, he bought a standard. I can't drive a standard. So I can't drive his car. I'm still trying to figure out if there's some hidden meaning there.

Keith and I have other differences, too. Keith has the "all the lights in the house must be turned off if not needed" gene. I'm missing that one.

His idea of a relaxing afternoon is to do absolutely nothing. I like taking energetic bike rides. He likes war movies. I like Jane Austen. We're a strange pair.

And yet, what most often occurs to me is how alike we've become.


You can read the rest here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Amen! I have looked back over our six year marriage and realized how wonderfully perfect my husband and I are for each other. But we like to joke that if we went on eHarmony and created a profile, we would never get matched up with each other becuse we have so very few (read: next to NOTHING)in common! And yet, we are happy and more importantly, we have been good for each other. :)

Great post!

Blessings!

Mrs. Q

 

At 9:40 AM , Blogger Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said…

I think I'll go call RedDaddy and let him know how glad I am that he is tuning into me!! That IS what you were saying...right?! *wink* *wink*

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails