Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Weird Thoughts About Travel
Last night I flew from Ottawa to Calgary, getting ready for a twelve day, 9 gig speaking tour with Girls Night Out in Albert. (I'm coming to Texas in May! More about that soon!).

Anyway, I'm sitting now in a church in Medicine Hat while the guys on the road crew set up, and I'm trying to get some editing done on my book and prepare for tonight.

But I had just a very few thoughts I would share with you.

I still think it's amazing that you can get into a plane in one part of the country and wind up thousands of miles away in just a matter of hours. That's such a tremendous blessing. Even a century ago a move of a few hundred miles often mean you never saw certain family members again. Now travel is so relatively simple. I've flown a lot in my life, but I never cease to marvel at it.

I love plane rides. I love them because once you're actually at the airport, and then actually on the plane, there is absolutely nothing you can do except relax. You can't fold laundry, even if you think you should. You can't chauffeur someone, or answer the phone to find a telemarketer, or do dishes. You can't feel guilty for not vacuuming or not ironing. It's time just for you! Sure, I did some editing on the plane, but it was wonderful to just get to sit down.

Yet, as great as sitting is, it is not so great when the stewardess offers to let you keep the can of Coke Zero--twice--and then the pilot keeps the seat belt sign on for pretty much the entire four hour flight. Finally, in desperation twenty minutes before landing I got up anyway and went to the bathroom. A girl can only sit still so long.

That's about it! I hear a crazy group of women from Saskatchewan are driving across the border to Alberta to hear me tonight, so it will be great to see some prairie women! I'll tell you all when I'll be in Texas once I get the dates finalized!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM , Blogger Test said…

I'll be checking back frequently for your Texas dates! Hopefully you'll be near me.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails