Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Updates on My Life
In this blog I write mostly about parenting, and marriage, with a bit of social commentary thrown in.

But today I just have to get a little personal. My two daughters are 15 and 12, and we just had the most amazing weekend of their young lives.

Our church does Bible quizzing, which sounds very geeky, and is very geeky, but it's also fun, and it's kind of like a youth group for kids who really love God. Every year we memorize much of different books of the Bible. This year it was 1 & 2 Corinthians, and then we have four meets where the kids compete on their knowledge. About 200 kids from our district go, and my girls have gotten to know so many of those 200 over the last 3 years.

The top 10 go to internationals, which this year is in Calgary. And both my daughters, plus two other girls that I coach, made it.

I am absolutely flying high right now. I know this won't mean much to most of you, but my girls studied so hard to make it, and they are just so happy. They had some very stressful quizzes this weekend, and some heartbreak when some friends didn't make it, but I'm so happy for them.

I was wondering all year if I was trying to live through my girls, just a little bit, because I know I would have loved this had it been around when I was a teen. And I so wanted them both to win, but then I start second guessing myself, wondering if that's just because I wanted the satisfaction of it, rather than that I was really thinking about them. So much in parenting gets mixed up.

But I don't think so. I'm honestly thrilled.

And I have a few other things going on in my life, too. Today and tomorrow are the two last speaking engagements I have for a month, so I'm going to take a few weeks and bang out three chapters of my new book, so I can get my book proposal ready. It's a long process, but I've got to speed it up, so I'll be writing a ton soon.

I'll still post here, but I'm excited about actually sitting down and getting a new book out. It's time, and I have a lot to say, and when I can, I'll let you in on what it's about. I think you'll love it!

So for right now, rejoice with me and my girls. They did so well, and one of the most fun parts for me is seeing them make such great friends from other churches who are just as passionate about God as they are. And now I have to go get ready to leave for another speaking engagement. My mind's in a million different directions, but overall I'm just thrilled today. The sun is shining, the robins are hopping, and my daughters are smiling. I'm in a good place.

I hope you are, too. And if you're not, just remember. Everything in life is a series of mountains and valleys. If you're in a valley right now, it won't last forever. I've been in those before, and right now I'm basking in the sun. You will be soon, too. Just hang in there!

Regular blog posts will resume tomorrow. Gotta go iron my outfit for speaking! Take care!

Share/Bookmark Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum
4 Comments:

At 12:50 PM , Blogger Stacey said…

That's awesome!! We do Bible Quizzing in our church as well, and it's incredible to see how much they know! Congrats to your girls. That's a huge accomplishment, and one that really has lasting value.

 

At 2:09 PM , Blogger Katrina said…

That's so exciting! Congrats to yout girls! =)

 

At 4:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

congrats to you and the girls! i did bible quiz when i was in jr. high and loved it so much--that is huge!

 

At 5:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said…

I don't think Bible quizzing sounds geeky at all and think it would be good if more churches did so (especially when you take into consideration the sadly large number of Christians who have no idea what the Bible says let alone answer quizz questions about it!). So congrats to you and your girls :D

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails