Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Random Weekend Musings--and Prizes!
I've got some prizes of my own to tell you about, and then one that I get to give to a lucky winner! Read to the end to find out how you can win a free copy of one my books!

First, my friend Terry from Breathing Grace gave me an award for being a Beautiful Blogger! Thanks, Terry! I now get to give the award back to seven other bloggers who I read faithfully, who make me think, or who just provide awesome content!



I need to give it back to Terry, because she is such a godly woman and writes amazingly well thought out posts! If you haven't bookmarked her, you need to!

Next is Teri-Lynne (guess I have a thing for Terrys!) at Pleasing to You, who writes very intelligently and insightfully about things of faith.

Courtney is one of my young readers, and frequent contributors to Wifey Wednesday, who blogs frequently about what it means to be newly married and newly mom. She's working through things that many twenty-somethings can relate to, and while she's moving right now and has guest posts up, you'll appreciate reading some of her older stuff!

Barbara at MommyLife updates frequently and often with plenty of humour! A Catholic blogger with a ton of kids, she's bright and loving and inspirational. Maybe I'm partial to her because of her kids with Down Syndrome (our son was a Down's baby).

Christie, another Catholic blogger, writes about anything and everything at Garden of Holiness. What I really appreciate are her marriage posts. Scan the archives for them, and then breathe them in. They're lovely.

Donetta at My Quiet Corner tries to find peace there in her busy family with health concerns.

Joanne at One so Blessed writes a ton and has a lot of fun!

And now I have to tell you seven random things about myself, so here goes:

1. I am trying to break my Diet Pepsi habit. It's not going well.
2. I used to hate my oily skin. Now I love it. Almost 40 and no wrinkles!
3. I don't actually know what my natural hair colour is anymore. In the last year I've been a blonde, brunette, and a redhead!
4. I love lipstick. Absolutely love it. It makes me feel so feminine! (and my hubby loves leaving the house with kiss marks on his cheek).
5. I still fight with my husband sometimes. The difference is that now we pray about it and work it out.
6. I am incapable of growing grass. Whenever I move into a new house, the grass automatically dies.
7. My 12-year-old daughter makes the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. Jealous yet?


I've also been named one of the top 100 Christian women's blogs by A Woman Inspired! See the list here!

Now, do you want to win something? You can! Every month I award a book to the blog that sent me the most new readers in the previous month. The only conditions? They have to have me on their blogroll or their Google reader list on the sidebar. And you can't win twice, so the blogs that win now aren't overly big. They're just women blogging, just like you. For February, the winner is:

Ria from Life as a Wife! She's a newlywed writing about the transition to being married, and she's awesome! Thanks, Ria! She gets to choose from one of my books, which I'll mail to her for free!

You could be the winner for March! Just put me on your blogroll, and next month I could be sending you a book!

That's about it for prizes for this weekend. Hope you're a winner soon!


Share/Bookmark


Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:33 AM , Anonymous Gail Crust said…

Do I get a prize for being the very first one to comment on this early Saturday morning? :-) Blessings, Sheila!

 

At 9:47 AM , Blogger Teri Lynne Underwood said…

Thank you, Sheila, for your kind words. You are listed in my blog roll but it's not on a sidebar. I have it in my nav bar. I appreciate your comments and also love reading your blog (and also your Christian speakers blog as well.)

Happy weekend!!

 

At 12:25 PM , Blogger jennifer said…

hi i have it as my blog sorry got confused but it is on there

 

At 3:33 PM , Blogger Doodles said…

I know that I am new to following you but so far I like everything I read. I too have to break my pepsi habit I am at least down to one 20 bottle a day. Now for the last bottle and then the caffine headaches, although I have to say excedrine has caffine in it so that helps get rid of the headaches. Now the will power, hmm I know it's around here somewhere, just have to find it.

 

At 7:24 AM , Blogger Elspeth said…

I *heart* your blog too, Sheila, as evidenced by the award.

Thanks!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails