Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Quick Intimacy Tip: Gross Your Kids Out!

Romeo and JulietImage via Wikipedia


I'm trying to post quick intimacy tips on Fridays, when I remember, to inspire you all to pucker up before the weekend!

So here's this weekend's challenge: gross your kids out! That's right: kiss in front of them, hug in front of them, pat your hubby on the behind! Make your kids moan in agony. They secretly love it, anyway. I know my nieces and nephews, who have parents who are divorced, actually like to see Keith and me hug and kiss!

My youngest daughter always says, "EEEwwwwwww!", but then she stands there and watches. They like to see their parents kiss. So tonight, when your hubby gets home, greet him at the door and lay a big one on him, with the kids right there. And tell the kids how much you like kissing Daddy. It'll make him feel like a million bucks!




Want more intimacy tips on how to get in the mood? Listen to Sheila's audio download, Honey, I Don't Have a Headache Tonight! Filled with lots of laughs and practical tips to boost your marriage!
Download it now!


Share/Bookmark


Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]



Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 3:11 PM , Blogger Mandy said…

My husband & I do this and it's to the point now where my husband will ask the kids: "What shall I do to your mom?" And the kids respond: "hug her and kiss her!". Really cute! Although...my 3yo son likes to come up behind me and pat my behind because he sees daddy do it! I have to remind him that only Daddy is allowed to do that to Mommy!

 

At 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

when we are putting my 3 year old to bed, she will often insist that we kiss each other after we each have kissed her goodnight. If we happen to be close enough she will push our heads together. The first time she did it, we didn't know what she wanted and ended up bumping noses instead. She also thought that was pretty funny.

 

At 5:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

we hear "oooh they're making out again!" LOL Cracks us up, but they all stay around and watch. (Okay, the teens don't anymore, BUT when asked they both admit they love it and are glad we kiss often)

 

At 5:56 PM , Blogger Rini said…

Hear, hear! I remember when I was a kid, my parents would often sit together on a couch and snuggle, or my dad would lay his head in his wife's lap and she would play with his hair. I always thought it was very sweet.

(And probably my child-of-a-divorce complex found some security in seeing that she wasn't in danger of leaving...)

 

At 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Ours are 15 and 12. We often hear the comments "eww", "oh gross" or my personal favorite, "are you guys at it AGAIN?!" LOL We always say, "Yep for 16 years and it won't be stopping any time soon!" Then we always make sure to kiss each other again. Or my DH swats my tush. That one really gets them! hahaha

They tease us but they don't leave the room so I know they're not bothered by it. I've always told them you learn love by seeing love. One day they'll gross their own kids out too. Then of course that gets them saying, "oh gross I am not kissing anyone till I'm 30!" Oh if only they really would wait that long. ;-)

Great topic!

 

At 6:16 PM , Blogger Jamie said…

Our kids are still pretty little, but they are used to it now. My kids think it's pretty funny when their daddy pats my bum, too.

 

At 7:14 PM , Blogger Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said…

Too funny! We do this mostly to torture our 12, 13 and 16 year old boys..but like you said I think it brings them comfort to know that mom and dad are still in love =)

 

At 8:39 PM , Blogger Tessa said…

I love this!
My 2 year old loves watching us kiss and every time we embrace he wants in for a family hug. He will also push our heads together to kiss and then gives us a really sly little grin when we do.

 

At 9:50 PM , Blogger Tami @ This Mom's Delight said…

My kiddos get grossed out a lot more now than they did a few years ago! It's so funny and entertaining!!

 

At 9:54 PM , Anonymous Kristine McGuire said…

This is so so true! Oddly enough my oldest daughter thinks it's cute when her father and I kiss, etc., but our younger daughter is totally mortified by any parental P.D.A.

 

At 10:37 PM , Blogger Doodles said…

Kids need to see that their parents love each other and love showing them. I love your blog... I will be doing some more exploring tomorrow if I get the time.

 

At 12:04 AM , Blogger Stacy said…

Amen! My parents did this, or would snuggle on the couch in the evenings. When we were really little we used to try and squeeze in between them when they kissed. My husband grew up in a house without a lot of physical affection, so even he appreciated seeing it from my parents.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails