Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Why Kids Should Do Chores


I don't mind doing laundry, but I hate mopping the floor. I'm not big on dishes, either. Or cleaning toilets.

Luckily, I have children. And they are perfect for such tasks!

In this podcast, I talk about the necessity of teaching kids to do chores. Not just because it gives us a break, but also because kids need to be taught to be independent.

Listen in as we talk about the philosophy behind chores--and why teaching them to do chores will actually boost their self-esteem (and their chances of marriage)! It will also help those marriages to be far more successful.

It's only 5 minutes long, but it can motivate you to make necessary changes in your parenting! And then maybe you won't have to do all the mopping after all.


Bookmark and Share




Stumble Upon Toolbar

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

You are so bang on with this one! My husband grew up in a household where his Mother did everything, having never even asked him to put a single plate in the dishwasher. She basically waited on him hand and foot, and in doing this created a situation of un-realistic expecations for his future wife to live up to. It is a huge bone of contention in our relationship, and I often tell him I feel more like his Mother, asking him to pick up after himself and put things away, than his own Mother. Had she given him some simple chores growing up, doing little things around the house to help me out wouldn't be such a big deal to him.

 

At 2:58 PM , Anonymous Jen @ After The Alter said…

I was reading the comment from Anonymous and thought of my husband. My Mother in law did everything for my husband..he'd use a towel and leave it on the floor and it miraculously ended up back in the bathroom...Now fastforward to our marraige and he doesn't pick up a think? Why? cause he was never taught how. Me on the other hand had chores growing up. Especially in the summer. My mom made a chart and all 3 of us kids had something to do on a different day. Then it stunk...but now looking back it was a good idea.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails