Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Starter Chores for Little Hands
My new article on starter chores that toddlers can do is up at Calgary's Child online magazine! You can read it on page 33 here.

In the meantime, any of you have any other suggestions for chores little ones can do? I'd love to hear them!

And you all know I'm passionate about kids doing chores. Just click on the category links below for more of my posts on chores! Or check out my book To Love, Honor and Vacuum on how to get kids (and husbands!) more involved around the house.



Bookmark and Share


Stumble Upon Toolbar

To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:50 AM , Blogger Elspeth said…

My 3-year-old puts the silverware (excluding knives, of course) in the dishwasher. She aslo puts them away in the drawer after the dishes are done.

This requires that she pull a chair up to the drawer being height challenged and all, but she does an excellent job and the silver drawer always looks great!

 

At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

My soon to be 3 year old son LOVES to help with any cooking or cleaning that is going on! He also puts the silverware away! He is responsible for cleaning up all of his toys and he sometimes helps me fold laundry. I think it is really important to get kids involved when they are excited about it! That has to be better than waiting until they HATE it and trying to force them to do it!
~Jessica

 

At 11:46 AM , Blogger The Happy Domestic said…

I love your ideas for engaging young children in housework. It's easier as your child gets older, of course - a 3 year old can follow instructions.

According to Babycenter.com, a child is no longer a toddler after they turn 2 yrs old, they are a preschooler. My toddler is 21 months, and trying to get her "helpful" instincts to be any help at all is like trying to make the rain fall up. Help! ;)

 

At 7:30 AM , Anonymous Kathryn Lang said…

My three year old helps make his bed each morning, he helps sort his clothes on laundry day and he puts his dirty dishes in the sink. We also encourage him to help out during chore time. Remember that three year old hands will not be perfect and that is okay. Encourage helping and they will continue to WANT to help!

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails