Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Do You Feel Guilty About Chocolate?
They say that women's number one emotion is guilt--at any particular time we're feeling guilty about at least one thing. And if you don't think you're feeling guilty right now, if you think about it I'm sure you can talk yourself into it!

And the number one thing we feel guilty for, if surveys are to be believed, is our weight.

Here's a clip of a talk I gave recently on women and weight. I think it's pretty funny, but you can be the judge of that! I know that it's good to stay healthy, and I do say that in other parts of that same talk, but the main point I'm trying to make in the rest of this talk is how to keep our eyes on what is really important--namely receiving from God, and then passing His blessings on to others.

So here it is! Hope I make you chuckle!



To Love, Honor and Vacuum


Subscribe to my feed by clicking above!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

That was FABULOUS!!! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing that. :)

Amanda

 

At 12:24 PM , Blogger Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said…

LOL! That was wonderful! :D

 

At 3:32 AM , Blogger TRS said…

Oh, very cute. You have great comic timing and delivery!

You are so right about men vs women body image. My ex-boyfriend (we just broke up last week :( ) could turn on a dime. he needed to lose a little weight, not bad... and when he made any progress at all, he could stand in front of the mirror and really admire the minor change. A woman can't do that! We'd find ten more things to fix!

Worse yet, he'd hold his extra tummy (what I refer to as my food-baby he referred to as the hitchhiker) and ask me how he looked. "Is it getting smaller?", "I still look good, don't I?"
I could only say, "I like how you look." He'd be frustrated that I wouldn't elaborate. I had to explain that he wouldn't even ENTERTAIN an answer if I were doing the questioning!
Too Funny.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails