Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Help: Can You Thumbs This Up?
Hi everybody! I've been filming some VLogs about marriage, with an emphasis on the Christian viewpoint--how to get people to stick it out and make it work because they're working on themselves and letting God in (in fact, I hope to film another one this afternoon).

But somehow I guess this video went viral SOMEWHERE this morning to people who are not Christian, and they're leaving awful comments (which I've deleted) and thumbed this down. So could you pretty please go to YouTube and thumbs this up?

Thanks so much! I normally don't mind negative comments (I don't delete them from this blog, for instance), but I don't want people telling others "get a divorce!" in the comments in my videos, because who knows who will read them, without even listening to all I'm saying. So it's not that I'm trying to censor; it's just that I'm trying to give godly advice, and I don't want people to get exactly the opposite when they go to something of mine.

So if you could help and thumb me up, it would be so appreciated! And while you're at it, if you have a YouTube account, ask to be my friend!
7 Comments:

At 1:44 PM , Blogger Tessa said…

I don't have a youtube acct but I shared this on my facebook. I must say that if you would have asked my husband in our first year of marriage he would have told you that I and our marriage certainly did not meet his expectations. And there have certainly been times over the last years that have been tough. But I think that if you believe enough that God put that person in your life to marry them, God doesn't change.
What I mean is that God told me very clearly that Adam was the man I was supposed to marry. We may not always feel like we are totally 100% meant for each other . But God said we are and we have to trust Him and His plan for us. I think this can apply to people who weren't told as clearly but got married anyway, or even those who came together without the Lord's guidance. There is a reason why you married the person you did. Even if it didn't seem like it, He was still in control of that union.
I really like what you said about how our marriage isn't necessarily for our happiness but for His glory!

 

At 1:47 PM , Blogger Iva said…

I thumbed it up, Sheila. :o)

 

At 1:53 PM , Anonymous Amanda said…

Oh Sheila... unfortunately this happens when you try to tell people the truth that they don't want to hear. I thumbed you up :) But try not to let it get to you too much. In our culture of instant gratification and relativism, why would people want to hear that not sticking out their marriages is selfish and ungodly? I'm sure they're all sitting there thinking to themselves "Who are you to tell me what is right and wrong!" It's a terrible fact of the internet: people will just dislike you sometimes.

 

At 2:16 PM , Blogger Sheila said…

Thanks, everybody! I appreciate it. And Tessa, that's exactly right. No one meets our expectations. No one lives up to what we were hoping for. But that's okay. If we go to God, He can help us change our perspective.

Thanks for thumbing me up, everybody! I still need a bunch more to get in positive territory! And you should see some of the comments I've deleted...

 

At 2:37 PM , Anonymous Karen (Forgiven and Loved) said…

Thumbed you up and left a comment. :) You are speaking the truth!!

 

At 4:16 PM , Blogger E. Tyler Rowan said…

Sheila,
You are absolutely entitled to decide what you will and will not allow to appear when it's attached to your work. I wonder if you don't want to close comments on that video for a few days, until the "trolls" stop coming by for visits?
Keep speaking the truth!
Be blessed,
Tyler

 

At 5:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Leave a link to the blog post and turn off comments on youtube. If you don't you'll have to police them endlessly.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails