Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Survivor Christmas Tree Challenge Part 3
054


It's Survivor Christmas Tree Challenge at my house! Every week we're voting off one hideous decoration off of the tree. Today I need you to vote something else off! I'm in the middle of a major writing project, so I don't have time to write a really important post today (although you could really help me by filling out my bedroom survey or my Wedding Night Survey), but I think it's still an important work I am doing by ridding my tree of ugliness.

So far you all have helped get rid of the two pictured in the top of this post.

But my husband has just nominated these three for our next batch. First up is a wooden stocking, painted, with odd pom poms affixed in strange places:

053


Next up is a strange star, made by we're not sure at this point, out of plastic rings.

052


Finally we have my husband's pick, though you are free to disagree. I believe this is supposed to be peppermint or something, but it's made of glass, and looks really odd.

050


Here's another angle:

051


So what will it be? What goes off of the tree today?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Anonymous Karen said…

The peppermint thing totally looks like bacon! That's awesome!

 

At 9:23 AM , Blogger Mrs.C said…

So, if it remains a tie, do you get to relinquish all 3? Wouldn't that feel good?lol

 

At 11:42 AM , Blogger Trish said…

The ribbon thing is ribbon candy that used to be really popular back in the day, it came in other flavors and colors/

 

At 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

This is hilarious! I so need to do this. We have some ornaments on the tree that I tried not to put up, but the kids asked and I didn't have the hear to tell them no. Maybe they'd get into the whole Survivor thing.c

 

At 12:18 PM , Blogger Lisa said…

The peppermint thing is a glass replica of ribbon candy! Save the ribbon candy!

 

At 6:35 PM , Blogger Shaun and Holly said…

I am from the Maritimes (PEI) and we all love Ribbon Candy (that is what your last decoration is)!! :) I like it! Maybe you should "auction" it off, rather than pitching it out!

 

At 8:12 PM , Blogger Sheila said…

That's so funny, Holly! I posted this on Facebook and all my Maritime friends have been yelling at me there, too! And trying to convince me to go buy some ribbon candy and something else called "barley toys", whatever those are.

Anyway, perhaps I'll take you up on your suggestion!

 

At 1:54 PM , Blogger Danielle said…

The weird peppermint thing is supposed to look like crimp ribbon christmas candy.

 

At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anne said…

Another Maritime says "Save the ribbon candy!"

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails