Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Teenagers Can Be Very Insightful!



I have two daughters who are both very spiritually mature--far more mature than I was at their age! They are both great mentors to their friends, and in general they're a joy, although my 13-year-old is rather grumpy right now because I signed her up to take her grade 6 piano exam on Monday, smack in the middle of the summer!

My 15-year-old, though, has recently launched a blog where she posts her thoughts, and even though she doesn't know it, I read it. And I think it's great. Here's an excerpt:

For a while now I’ve been struggling a lot with feeling worthless, like I’m not worthy of people wanting to be my friend, or that even if I do find some amazing person they won’t stick around once they realize who I really am. I’m pretty sure all of us think this to some extent, but I’ve been actually crying myself to sleep over it for the last couple of months. Pathetic, I know.

But anyway, I was looking through a whole bunch of stuff that I had shoved into the back of my closet from when I was ages 2-about 11. Reading through it was just hilarious… my messed up attempts at writing stories as a 9 year old, pictures of Lord of the Rings characters from when I was 10..

But I found this one poem I had written when I was 8. It was the typical kind of little kid poem, but then the last verse stated that I loved Jesus best of all, because he loves me and stays with me no matter what happens, and no matter what I do.

So I started thinking, if I knew that Jesus was by my side and telling me that he loves me when I was 8, why don’t I get it now, at 15? So often I figure that I just asked Jesus into my heart and then he was content to just watch from heaven as I stumble my way through life, and that whenever I’m “good enough” he’ll come and be with me again.

But that’s not it at all. God is right with me no matter where I go, and no matter what I do–he’ll be there holding my hand. No matter how many people leave my life, no matter how many times I feel I’m nothing, he’ll be right there beside me, sharing my pain. I don’t know why, but I had forgotten that he was always there beside me, that I don’t have to prove myself for him to love me.


Isn't that beautiful? She also made some insightful comments about "teen girls' Bibles" that have quizzes on "your perfect date". (She was not impressed). I'd like to get her some more readers, so if you're interested, why not stop over at Throwing Pebbles and read some of her writings and encourage her? Or if you have teenage girls yourself who might benefit from reading, send them the link! Link it in your Facebook account, or if you're involved in your youth group, maybe put a link to it up on your youth group's Facebook page.

I think what she's writing is really good, and I'd love for it to get more exposure. So if you could help, that would be great!

Do you know of other teens who write great blogs? Let me know in the comments, and then maybe I can send Becca there to learn more tools of the trade!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Anonymous Sarah Anne Sumpolec said…

That's awesome Sheila - thanks for sharing it:-)

 

At 11:49 AM , Blogger Joy said…

Thanks for sharing this. I know I will be sharing it with my 13 year old daughter.

 

At 5:32 PM , Blogger Christie said…

How cool! I was just on here looking for something for my 13 y/o daughter to read, and stopped by your blog for my own daily reading. Nice timing! I'll send her right over....

 

At 11:02 PM , Blogger Shana Putnam said…

How awesome and insightful. I love to see a teen who knows God is there for her. i will definitely follow.

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails