Sheila's Books
Click on the covers to read more or order autographed copies!







My Webrings



Crazy Hip Blog Mamas Members!





Photobucket


Photobucket





Medical Billing
Medical Billing



Advertising
For ALL Your Graphic Needs

Dine Without Whine - A Family 

Friendly Weekly Menu Plan
Wifey Wednesday: A Dare


It's Wednesday, the day when we talk marriage! I introduce a topic, and then you follow up either by commenting or by writing your own post and then linking up!


Photo by Amber-Rae

Shortly after my husband and I started dating, Valentine's Day came upon us. And I decided to do something romantic. I had a friend let me in to his dorm room on campus, and I left red cut-out hearts that spelled "I love you" all over his room, in a sort of scavenger hunt.

He loved it. Everything in our relationship was so new and so fresh and that just added to it! And it became a tradition. Not necessarily every year, but most years now one of us creates a treasure hunt for the other.

You know what the fun part of the hunt actually is? It's creating it! It takes a little bit of time, but while you're doing it you're a giggly little girl, thinking about what his reaction is going to be. And you think about how much you love him, and how glad you are you're together. You renew your commitment to him because you're going through all this work to show him that you love him. And then you can look back and smile.

Doing romantic things for our spouses doesn't just help our husbands; it helps us. We start thinking differently. We remember how much we love them. We try to create something that's fun in our relationship. We're the ones who spice it up.

And so let me ask you: when's the last time you left a love note for your husband, sealed with a lipstick kiss? When's the last time you sent him a racy text message? When's the last time you hid a love note in his pocket, so that he would discover it at work?

Why do we stop doing these things just because we've been married for a while? We shouldn't stop. We should do it all the more. It's vital that your husband know that you love him, and that you remember how much you love him, too.

Without that romance, you just become two roommates, bound together by children and finances. Don't let that happen to you.

Perhaps you're one of those wives that's thinking: If I write him a note, he'll think it's silly or he won't care. Maybe he won't. But you will! And if it makes you giddy, or happy about him, isn't that worth something? Also, sometimes we expect that immediate reaction from our husbands, that he'll immediately think how great you are and he'll gush all over the note. Men don't always work that way. Maybe you need to write several, a few weeks apart, before he really softens to you. Don't give up. It's important to tell him that you love him, and why you love him, even if he doesn't seem too interested in "romance".

So here are some tips to writing great love notes:


1. Don't just say "I love you". Tell him one or two things that you love about him.

2. Keep it short and simple. Make it into a nice surprise he finds periodically in his clothes, in his lunch, in his car.

3. Don't forget text messages! Sometimes, send him a text message that's just a little bit racy. Few men can resist that!

4. Want something really fun? Hide a few of these "love coupons" you can download off of my website under his pillow.


That's my dare for you this week. Be romantic. Don't wait for him to be. It will change how you think, and it will make him feel very appreciated!

Now, what advice do you have for us today? Are you going to participate in this dare? Leave a comment, and tell us where you're hiding the notes! Or do you have something else to tell us? Write your own Wifey Wednesday post that links back to here, and then leave the link of THAT POST in the Mcklinky below. Thanks!



Share/Bookmark






Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said…

Agreed! It's so important to keep the romance alive

 

At 11:02 AM , Anonymous Makasha Dorsey said…

I enjoyed this post. I've been so focused on being a wife that I don't always act like a wife. I am guilty of the roommate syndrome. I am accepting your dare.

 

At 12:33 PM , Blogger Ellen said…

great post! It is so important to remember. I find it discouraging sometimes when I feel like I'm the only one trying to be romantic, but that shouldn't mean I stop doing those things! I will take you up on the dare :)

 

At 3:10 PM , Blogger Megan said…

Woohoo! I almost feel like an independent adult again. Both children asleep, my blog overhaul has begun, and I participated in Wifey Wednesday again! Do I thank the frappacino or the unexpected morning nap? While I think about it, I'll get back to work unpacking boxes. :)

 
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Sheila

Home: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

About Me: I'm a Christian author of a bunch of books, and a frequent speaker to women's groups and marriage conferences. Best of all, I love homeschooling my daughters, Rebecca and Katie. And I love to knit. Preferably simultaneously.

See my complete profile

Follow This Blog:

 Subscribe to To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Follow on Twitter:
Follow on Facebook:


Important Links
Previous Posts


Categories
Popular Archived Posts
Archives
Christian Blogs
Mom Blogs
Marriage/Intimacy Blogs
Blogs For Younger/Not Yet Married Readers
Housework Blogs
Cooking/Homemaking Blogs
Writing Links
Credits
Blog Design by Christi Gifford www.ArtDesignsbyChristi.com

Images from www.istockphoto.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails